V Magazine offers a glimpse into the mystery that is Salem:“I want the lyrics to be there, ’cause I want the song to be about a certain thing,” he explains. “But I don’t want anyone to know what that thing is. It’s too personal.”
“Me and Heather and Jack, we have these really ideal situations we would like to be in. To be lying in a big field with goats or butterflies. Or not butterflies, but, like, animals. Or in a big sandpit riding dirt bikes. We have all these ideas of things we would like to be doing because none of us are very happy.”
“I know how to think about these things but not always explain them,” he says. “But this song is about a boy. He’s on an island. And he looks out at the ocean. And the ocean wants to be a sea.”
No comments:
Post a Comment