Aaron Eckhart has declared his Dark Knight character Harvey Dent (spoiler alert!) "dead as a doornail." While the film is fairly clear about Dent's demise, its success, and Eckhart's acclaimed performance had, most assumed, left the door open for some comic-book trickery that would bring the character back in a follow-up. But director Chris Nolan is firm on Harvey Dent's status. Says Eckhart, "I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, 'You're dead,' before I could even get the question out of my mouth. 'Hey Chris, am I…' 'You're dead!'"
Friday, September 5, 2008
Aaron Eckhart Gives a Harvey Dent Update
Aaron Eckhart has declared his Dark Knight character Harvey Dent (spoiler alert!) "dead as a doornail." While the film is fairly clear about Dent's demise, its success, and Eckhart's acclaimed performance had, most assumed, left the door open for some comic-book trickery that would bring the character back in a follow-up. But director Chris Nolan is firm on Harvey Dent's status. Says Eckhart, "I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, 'You're dead,' before I could even get the question out of my mouth. 'Hey Chris, am I…' 'You're dead!'"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment